Ajoutée le 12/09/2023
- Transportation & Logistics Group
- Based in Lusaka
À propos de notre client
Our client is a major Transportation & Logistics Group offering a wide variety of services and solutions; To further their expansion into Southern Africa we are recruiting their new Operations Director. The role will be based in Lusaka.
Description du poste
Reporting to the Country Director and Group COO, you oversee all the company's operations staff and fleet in Zambia. As such you will ensure business partners satisfaction and retention by leading the general management of the operations department. Centered around optimizing human capital while maximizing financial results, you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Promote teamwork and collaboration, quality performance standards, professionalism, and integrity to ensure that results are delivered in accordance with the strategic plans, objectives, and customers contractual agreements.
- Identify logistics needs to support growth of the business while developing and implementing new logistics models.
- Supervise regular operational audits to ensure compliance and provide regular reports to stakeholders both internal and external.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement & performance by defining standardized policies and procedures of operations across the entire department.
- Liaise and coordinate with regional representatives of customs and/or authorities to ensure fleet efficiency across borders.
- Tailor cargo allocation and nature on customer requirements centered on timely loading and offloading.
- Define and enforce an annual budget in collaboration with the finance department.
To be suitable for this role, you will have more than 7 years' experience leading the transport and logistics departments in a major group. You have worked in Africa or Latin America and have a deep knowledge of cross-border transportation in emergent markets. You have successfully managed large teams in multicultural environments using your leadership skills to optimize human capital; On the technical side you master analysis and planning tools on Microsoft Office tool (Excel being the most important. Experience in industrial relationships would be a strong plus.
Conditions et Avantages