Legal & Compliance Director, PE company
Director level position with a Private Equity company in Doha, Qatar
Chance to be sole Counsel handling all corporate/funds and compliance matters
À propos de notre client
Private Equity company which has been formed by impressive senior stakeholders - backgrounds from PE, investment banking, management consulting and governmental organisations. They have diversified investments with a particular focus on infrastructure in Africa.
Start-up environment, but with extensive global coverage and impressive amounts of capital raised already.
Description du poste
- Involved in the structuring and management of complex, cross-border funds
- Oversight of all transactional matters including corporate M&A, JVs, etc
- Heading up the compliance function and managing AML, KYC, risk management, etc
- Organisation of board of directors and general shareholders meetings
- Supervise and follow the production of periodical reports of the funds
The ideal candidate will fulfil the following criteria:
- Fluent in French
- Good knowledge of compliance and risk management / mitigation
- Experience in investment management/fund structuring
- some background in transactional corporate/banking matters
The preference is for someone who has a background with both international law firms, and in-house with a PE / investment company
Conditions et Avantages
This is a very senior role with huge amount of responsibility. You will be the sole lawyer in an exciting PE company that is looking to make some major investments and is raising an impressive amount of capital. You will be involved in top quality work coming mainly out of Africa, and have the opportunity to take a lead role in cutting edge transactions and investments.
There is a market leading salary on offer, it is a lucrative opportunity with ample opportunity for personal growth and development in an exciting market.