Head of Materials Management (M/F)
Global and dynamic industry giant
Strong exposure to regional/global E2E supply chain management
À propos de notre client
Our client is a global consumer goods company with its international operations hub based in the Zurich area. To strengthen their supply chain operations, we are exclusively recruiting a Head of Materials Management (m/f).
Description du poste
Primary focus of the position holder will be to manage the regional team remotely within the EMEA operations and to build the team further during the transition period of transferring it to Switzerland. Further, the selected candidate will lead and coach the Materials Management team to develop agile, reliable suppliers that consistently deliver on-time and in-full to plants as well as third-party manufacturing sites. Working with other planning teams globally to develop and implement best practice planning will be the ultimate focus of the division leader to further enhance service and improved ways of working. The selected candidate for the position Head of Materials Management will focus on three pillars, whilst managing the regional materials management team accordingly:
- Lead and coach the EMEA Materials Management team in developing outstanding supplier relationships.
- Leverage regional supplier capabilities globally for the organization out of the EMEA region to drive step change improvements in supply availability (lead times, minimum buys, commit zones, safety stocks, etc.)
- Oversee the materials management organization in planning, ordering/releasing and supplier execution of material requirements - service and inventory performance - for all global group needs (in-house focus factories and/or third party suppliers) for suppliers located within the region.
- Liaise with all manufacturing support groups in the execution of all programs and activities.
Supplier Performance Management:
- Create and maintain mutually beneficial long-term partnerships with suppliers to foster feedback and continuous improvement.
- Manage and optimize supplier delivery performance, including continuous improvement, innovations, obsolescence, inventory management and reduction of liabilities.
- Support the quality team as quality issues arise with suppliers.
- Ensure monthly supply reviews are completed with all strategic suppliers covering leading performance indicators, potential liabilities, capacity reviews including action plans.
For this regional core function in the supply chain operations, the successful candidate should provide a strong profile in leadership and execution:
- Academic background with Bachelor's degree in Economics, Logistics, Supply Chain, Operations, and/or Management (additional advanced degrees and certifications in Supply Chain; APICS, CIPS, Lean Six Sigma is a plus).
- At least 10 years of experience in relevant supply chain and proven leadership skills with at least 5 years of experience in middle management positions. Ideally has experience in operations & planning functions within an international environment.
- Strong analytical skills, capable to drill-down for root cause analysis, linked to capability to synthesize and translate findings into business language.
- Skilled in thinking at a tactical and strategic level and to tailor communication to different levels in the organization.
- Ability to challenge the status quo and has the experience and characteristics to respond quickly to the changing environment.
- Previous experience on diversity and inclusion with exposure to intercultural and regional organizations.
- Must have a "can-do" and "will-do" attitude with respect to accomplishing goals, making the numbers, and satisfying the needs of internal and external customers.
- Good knowledge of SAP Materials Management (MM) module, including detailed operational understanding of Purchasing, MRP, Inventory Management and Subcontracting within SAP.
- Business level fluency in English required, German or any other European language knowledge is a plus.
Conditions et Avantages
The selected candidate will also be awarded with competitive benefits, services and resources.