Ajoutée le 19/12/2023
- Transportation & Logistics Group
- Based in Beira
À propos de notre client
Our client is a major Transportation & Logistics Group offering a wide variety of services and solutions; To further their expansion into Southern Africa we are recruiting their new General Manager for one of their subsidiaries located in Beira.
Description du poste
Reporting to the Group CEO and the Group Management Team, you oversee all the group operations in Beira; you guide all the Departments in optimizing the company's performance and financial results. You will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Define with the Group Board a local strategy and the decisions & actions to adopt to match the group expectations.
- Promote teamwork and collaboration by building a performance culture promoting excellence where employees are motivated and feel heard & appreciated.
- Develop and implement budgets and business strategies across all departments to achieve organizational goals and objectives.
- Oversee day-to-day Logistics operations to ensure operational efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Drive optimum cost versus return methodologies and solutions across all business units without compromising safety, performance, quality and service delivery level.
- Supervise regular operational audits to ensure compliance and provide regular reports to stakeholders both internal and external.
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities, partnerships, and revenue streams by overseeing sales and marketing strategies and anticipating potential volume increases requirements.
- Oversee all the recruitment, training and evaluation efforts to maintain a workforce of experienced managers and staff of high caliber, internationally competitive.
To be suitable for this role, you will have more than 5 years' experience leading a transport company, preferably in Africa. You have held several managerial positions over the last 10 years in the logistics and Transports industry in a Portuguese speaking environment. Your MBA or Degree in Logistics coupled with your strong leadership skills have guided you in successfully managing large teams in multicultural environments. You are used to fast paced environment and working in close contact with all operational teams, your interpersonal and conflict resolutions skills allow you to manage relationships across the different departments and optimize processes. This position requires to speak fluently in Portuguese and English.
Conditions et Avantages