Vous êtes ici
Senior Manager Upstream M/F - Belgium
Excellent opportunity with well-known Bio business
Senior management position
À propos de notre client
Our client is a global player in the manufacture and development of Bio Pharmaceutical products with offices based south of Brussels. This company can truly promise you a career and development within the business.
Description du poste
As a Senior Manager Upstream, based in Belgium, you will be a part the Microbial Drug Substance Department in the Pharmaceuticals sector. You will manage a team of 8 scientists and technicians active on different projects including bio process development for new vaccine candidates, legacy process improvement, expression platform optimisation and evaluation of new technologies or innovative approaches using synthetic biology.
- Manage and organise teams and active in early and late downstream process development in order to deliver project milestones,
- Accountable for the establishment of a comprehensive downstream process development strategy and plan,
- Identify risks on downstream process feasibility or manufacturability, timing and resources constraints,
- Integrate early and late development including scaling-up, process evaluation, process validation master plan and manufacturability aspects,
- Monitor technology and patent projects for maintaining innovation and up-to-date technology for developing new projects,
- Actively participate to evaluation of in-licensing opportunities by evaluating scientific and technical aspects linked to downstream processes,
- Support GMP Supply and Manufacturing departments for production, continuous process improvement, solving specific issues linked to commercial processes, development and validation of assays dedicated to downstream processes,
- Support Regulatory Affairs for preparation of registration files of products.
The role of Senior Manager Upstream is crying out for a professional scientist who has the depth of experience in Research and Development but is looking for their next step in the Bio Pharmaceuticals industry. The role is based at the state of the art facility in the South side of Brussels and offers one of the best work environments in the whole of Belgium. To be considered for the role of Senior Manager Fermentation based near Brussels.
- PhD degree in biochemistry, molecular microbiology, bio engineering or in a related field
- 10-15 years in the industrial bio process development with confirmed expertise in early or late development, deep knowledge of vaccine manufacturing, R&D or Industrialisation team leadership
- Demonstrated leadership and transversal people management skills in either man management of a team
- Knowledge of genome-scale metabolic modeling, protein and glycan bio synthesis and characterisation, molecular biology of bacteria, design of experiment and multivariate analysis, micro-scale (high throughput) cultivation of bacteria
- Experience in the following fields is an asset: microbial fermentation and culture characterisation, ideally related to polysaccharide and recombinant protein production, scaling-up of bio processes, technology transfer
- French speaker with the ability to communicate at a business level in English
Conditions et Avantages
As a Senior Manager Upstream you will have a six figure salary and package which reflects the seniority of the role