Vous êtes ici
Senior Manager Downstream M/F - Belgium
- Excellent opportunity with well-known Bio business
- Senior management position
À propos de notre client
Our client is a global player in the manufacture and development of Bio Pharmaceutical products with offices based south of Brussels. This company can truly promise you a career and development within the business.
Description du poste
As a Senior Manager Downstream you will be a part the Microbial Drug Substance Department. You will manage a team of 5 scientists and technicians active on different projects including downstream process development for new vaccine candidates, legacy process improvement and evaluation of new technologies or innovative approaches for downstream processing. You will be responsible for interactions with the internal partners involved in the different projects and for reporting to line management within the company.
- Manage and organise teams located in Belgium and be actively involved in early and late downstream process development,
- Be responsible for the establishment of a comprehensive downstream process development strategy,
- Identify risks on downstream process feasibility or manufacturability, timing and resources constraints and seek a remediation plan,
- Bring scientific expertise and give technical support to clinical lot production managers during GMP campaigns,
- Actively participate to evaluation of in-licensing opportunities by evaluating scientific and technical aspects linked to downstream processes,
- Support GMP Supply and Manufacturing departments for production of clinical lots, continuous process improvement, solving specific issues linked to commercial processes, development and validation of assays dedicated to downstream processes,
- Support Regulatory Affairs for preparation of registration files of products based on bacterial or yeast downstream processes.
The role as Senior Manager Downstream is crying out for a professional scientist who has the depth of experience in Development but is looking for their next step in the Bio Pharmaceuticals industry.
- The candidate should hold a PhD in chemistry, biochemistry, bio-engineering or in a related field
- The candidate must have experience in the following scientific fields: downstream process development for the production of macro-molecules, protein and polysaccharide purification and characterisation, design of experiments and multivariate analysis, establishment and characterisation of scale-down models for downstream processing, micro-scale (high-throughput) purification of recombinant proteins and/or polysaccharides, analysis and integration of high-throughput downstream data
- Experience in the following fields is an asset: scaling-up of downstream process for macro-molecules, technology transfer
- Experience of at least 10 years in industrial bio-process development.
- Confirmed expertise in early or late development
- Deep knowledge of vaccine manufacturing, R&D or Industrialisation team leadership for at least 5 years
Conditions et Avantages
As a Senior Manager Downstream you will get a six figure salary and package which reflects the seniority of the role