Vous êtes ici
Senior Development Chemist - Belgium M/F
10-15 years of experience in water based silicate chemistry
À propos de notre client
Coolant technology is moving towards new technology horizons and requirements. The combined enhanced industry drivers together with customer specific needs results in a need for products with improved additive technologies.
Description du poste
The main areas of responsibility for the role will be:
- To develop new coolant formulations with stable silicate chemistry that meet market requirements and ensure continuity of having the leading edge in the market,
- Ensuring the transfer of formulation data to key stakeholders to support effective product commercialization,
- Project managing and developing programs with selected customers,
- Planning projects and carrying out experiments or investigations into parts of the coolant additive or product development projects,
- Preparing detailed analyses of data generated in experiments and identifying, planning and reporting aspects related to larger projects,
- Acquiring and expanding knowledge in the field of coolant technology through literature surveys and contacts with industry, OEMs, technical societies and universities,
- Contributing to joint projects with research facilities and industrial partners whilst representing the company by participating in professional societies and technical committees related to research activities,
- Participating in strategy development, knowledge sharing and cross-communication between different functional groups,
- Monitoring and developing knowledge and an understanding of all regional product needs as well as market and customer trends,
- Identifying areas for strategic research to enhance the IP portfolio.
This is a fantastic opportunity to complement the IP portfolio of an already well established business and play a key role in the future of the product portfolio whilst remaining at the leading edge of the Silicate industry.
With such a key role it is important we find the right person, therefore, to be considered for the role you must display the following:
- A masters or Ph.D. degree in an appropriate field (Chemistry, Engineering) and 10-15 years of experience in water based silicate chemistry,
- At least 5 years' experience in R&D,
- A working knowledge of English with a good knowledge of at least one additional European language,
- Ability to work in a team environment with other research personnel combined with the ability to work co-operatively as part of a global multi-functional and multi-cultural team,
- A proven record of effective execution, inspirational and innovative with strong analytical skills, problem solving abilities and a creative look towards addressing technical challenges,
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously with the ability to prioritize and manage work loads,
- Be willing to be based in Belgium.
Conditions et Avantages
We are offering an exceptional salary and package to attract the right talent into the business.