Vous êtes ici
Head of Process & Compliance - Europe
- Newly created Europe-wide role due to continued growth
- Could be based in Surrey, Paris or Dusseldorf
À propos de notre client
British Car Auctions (BCA) is Europe's largest vehicle remarketing company and has been successfully bringing together buyers and sellers for nearly 70 years. With operations across 8 European locations, the business sells in excess of a million vehicles every year via its auction centres and websites.
The company has experienced strong growth over the last three years and looks set for further expansion as it couples its ongoing organic growth and acquisition strategy with the introduction of new services.
As a result of this growth, a Head of Process and Compliance is required to provide the necessary rigour around their European financial operations. The successful candidate will work closely with the European Finance Director (EFD), European COO, the UK Finance Director and central finance and operating teams.
The pan-European nature of this role will require the post holder to be mobile (approximately 60% travel is expected) and be able to converse in one or more European languages.
Description du poste
- Regular audit reviews of country P&L and Balance sheets.
- Reviews of controls and processes with recommendations for improvement.
- Work to share best practice and work towards a common set of processes and tools.
- Be responsible for ensuring common processing and use of Microsoft Navision in all the territories.
- Review and understand new business opportunities. Work closely with key personnel in each country.
- Devise appropriate controls and procedures for new activities along with control points / checks to ensure compliance.
- Devise appropriate reporting format to cover needs of key users as well as corporate needs.
- Establish and agree targets and devise appropriate milestones to achieve these in conjunction with the EFD.
- Network within the BCA Group to establish best practice and to build this in to EU procedures.
- Manage country Risk Matrix coordination and follow up process, including link in to EFD & potentially the Group Audit Committee.
- Maintain and own the European risk matrix and mitigating actions, in conjunction with the EFD.
- A financially minded and trained accountant (recognised finance qualification required) with business skills and commercial acumen.
- A committed, determined self-starter who is able to work under minimal supervision in differing environments.
- An internal audit background and mindset.
- A strong, persuasive communicator who has the ability and tact to work with people across different locations and cultures.
- Experience of acquisitions aligning businesses would be beneficial.
- Ability to identify opportunities and work in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
- Navision experience would be highly beneficial.
- The role will require approximately 60% travel across Europe and could be based in either Camberley, Dusseldorf or Paris
Conditions et Avantages
Circa £80,000 plus benefits.